Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy freakin' New Year!

This past year was pretty rad. Thanks, 2011, for really stepping it up and being a wonderful year. Even with that pesky dissertation, you managed not to disappoint.  Just a few highlights include:

Skiing in Jackson Hole and wicked snow mobiling in Yellowstone.
Hanging with Court and G in Harrogate and Ripon.
Experiencing St Patrick's Day in Belfast.
A ball, some pancakes, even a few days in England when I wore shorts!
Easter in Thailand. Swa-dee-kah!
A Glaswegian getaway, a French furlough, an epic event in Edinburgh.
Even squeezed in some safari, a Hogwart's graduation, and Christmas markets in Germany.
And let's not forget my first flight in a fast jet, a momentous excursion to Mozambique, and a reunion with puppies after 9 months of separation!

This list does not even include all the birthday celebrations of friends and family, quiet nights on the couch with Felix Chill, afternoons on the lake shore, chats over wine, Skype dates with distance confidants, the ginormous amount of live poultry that is now living in our yard, or the silent time spent in my hammock with a good book.

In short, I think I can easily say that I am blessed beyond all reason. There is nothing I have done to deserve such riches. My cup overfloweth and then some.  I am so grateful for all these moments and opportunities and for those of you shared them with me.  Now come on, 2012, I dare you to be as good.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely entry, Angela. I hope 2012 will be just as wonderful.

    x

    ReplyDelete