Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Money, Money, Money

The Bank of Uganda has issued new bank notes.  I'm sure this has something to do with counterfeiting problems.  I've had more than one fake bill in my time. Some even given to me directly from the bank.  How rude.

The new notes include a 2,000 shilling note which I just love.  I love the number 2 and always have. 
Now if they just come out with a 17,000 shilling note, I'd be set.  I love the array of colors.

The back sides of the notes.  Isn't it cool how the twenty is bigger than the ten which is bigger then the five and so on and so forth?

old and boring, yawn

New & Beautiful, now don't you agree?  I think this is way money looks in Oz.  In the Merry Ol' Land of Oz.

*There is also a new (yellowish color) and old (poopy brown color) 50,000 shilling note, but I do not have either one in my possession and it was hard enough for me to collect this variety all at once without spending one of the collection.  I hope you'll understand.

3 comments:

  1. Is seventeen your second favorite number or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhoh, I still have quite a collection of old notes - hope they stay valid for a bit longer!

    The new ones really are beautiful. I'll have to come back and collect them.

    Also, I once learned that the different sizes make it possible for blind people to know how much they are paying. They can use some kind of rectangular cardboard thingy that on one side has a stairlike cut-out in the sizes of the notes which tells them which note it is.

    ReplyDelete