Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day to Me!

So, let me tell you about my Valentine's Day.  It just happened to be one of the best ever.  

First and foremost, the day was spectacular because this morning I was greeted by an energetic, walking and running, sparkley-eyed, little Tuna Tot.  Our precious Tuna has been to hell and back over the past 3 weeks.  It started with an eye infection.  That got better with some puppy eye cream, but then the other eye became infected and as that was healing, her face puffed up like a lumpy balloon and one side of her mouth drooped causing her to slobber on her tiny Tuna self.  For this, the vet treated her for snake bite and some anti inflammatory for the super swell of what is normally a pretty small cabasa.  The swelling went down but way too much.  Her skull had sunk in behind her right eye, the next day her left, then all her jaw muscles disappeared and her jaw was locked.  She was a sad sight and she lost all her sparkle, all her wag, and all her walk. We consulted 5 vets in Uganda and 2 online.  What exactly the illness was is still sort of a mystery, but she was treated with steroids and vitamins, and after thinking we'd be down to one pooch within days, I now feel quite confident the meds worked, and we are out of the dark.  Phew.  I was one wound up, worried momma. Although the muscle isn't all back yet and her jaw doesn't have full movement, she has been running around the yard, meeting people and cars at the gate, and drinking water!  This alone could've made my month, but today was full of other blessing to celebrate.

I got to share a delicious brunch with this lot plus Luke, Mr Chill and Elsie on the veranda, enjoying some beautiful weather.  (Notice, even babies love the hammock - this thing is a crowd pleaser)

The afternoon was spent chatting on the picturesque patio of Andrew and Sarah Hodges.


And for dinner, we ate a variation of this Italian beef drip on homemade rosemary wheat baguettes and it was basically as good as a Quizno's, if I do say so myself.  Chocolate cake for dessert.

Valentine's Day rules.  I hope your's was equally as sweet. xo

2 comments:

  1. Seems pretty hard to beat that! But chilling out on the veranda with delicious pancakes (and more) and good company made it a very nice one indeed! Thanks *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy. I was fearing the worst (about Tuna) yesterday when I didn't see you online! But this is great news. I hope she recovers fully and quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete