Monday, February 9, 2015

a little wedding planning

After our return to the UK from our fun-filled week skiing in France, we spent a few days in Whaley Bridge. Then Phil flew back to Uganda to get back to work, while I took a fast train to London to reunite with some my favorites and do a little wedding dress shopping. London managed to rain as it ever does, but there was also some sun in the short two days I visited.  Assisting me in the wedding dress hunt were the lovely Shadi, Caroline and Eleni who were all very supportive, oooing and ahhing at all the right times and maybe even getting a little choked up (ahem, Shadi). Several big contenders with one in the lead were the result of two hard days trekking through London and trying on a million dresses. I also had a chance to share a meal with Karin K formally of the UG and a night at the pub with Gina and Ed. It was fast and it was fun. Why don't I go London more often?

Phil and nephew Taylor found a bivouac (apparently a real word that means this thing)

reservoir walk in the High Peaks

we found some ice

Tay and I take selfies at dinner

Caroline and I modelling (??) over some tacos

Hufflepuff and Gryffindor at the Vietnamese place 

Karin K!
(not pictured Eleni, Gina or Ed - camera fail on my part)

Then it was time to bring in the big guns. I met Constance Elaine (my momma) in Barcelona where we were faced with the task of hiring a wedding planner, booking a venue, finding a caterer and sorting out any other possible vendors, logistics and details of our wedding in only five days!  Could it be done??? As we arrived on Saturday afternoon and no one works on Sundays, the thought that maybe we could not did cross our minds before we got around to Monday morning. But then after a few meetings and a lot of venues visits, we were well on our way by Tuesday. We even took a day off in the middle of the week to try on a few more wedding dresses. By the end of Friday, we had managed all we needed to and more - planner: check, venue: check, caterer: check, photographer: check, florist: check. Phew! We even managed to fit in what felt like 30 different tapas restaurants, a Gaudi house, the purchase of the mother-of-the-bride dress, loads of walking around Barcelona, and two seriously good brunches.

Photos below from my new camera! (a Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera with 18-135mm STM Lens) We're still getting to know each other, and I should probably look at the manual, but so far I am pretty smitten. Hopefully she'll be bringing you a bucket full of gorgeous photos in the near and distant future.


Momma in Casa Batllo

Casa Batllo


eye lashes

dragon spine rooftop



Sagrada Familia

Casa Batllo at night

Sitges

Casa Nova: the wedding venue!

sunset in Barcelona


so so full while tasting delicious wedding menus at the caterers

these were just the desserts!

Mercado de la Boqueria


2 comments:

  1. I don't know how, since it shows up in my email and in Blogger, but I have somehow managed to completely miss this post. Looking forward to visiting Barcelona and Sitges *soon*, but especially seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how, since it shows up in my email and in Blogger, but I have somehow managed to completely miss this post. Looking forward to visiting Barcelona and Sitges *soon*, but especially seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete