Thursday, March 25, 2010

Everyday Update

1)  Eggplant or aubergine?  I don't care whatcha call it.  We've got 'em and they're good!


2) Remember that one time I was applying to grad school and I gave you strict instructions not to ask about it because I thought I couldn't get in?  Luckily, I was wrong and the University of Manchester wants me!  Can you believe it?  Me either.  I think I've probably already told all who read this blog in person, on the phone, or by email, but just in case I have a lurker, which I really hope I do, I got in!  Manchester is my first choice, so even if I get into those other places, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be moving to Blighty.  I will be getting my MA in International Development: Poverty, Conflict, and Reconstruction.


3) Work on the pizza oven is at a temporary standstill due to a certain work obligation for one Felix Chill.  He's gallanting around Ukraine, checking on some plane business.  Not to worry, I checked out the website of one the hotels where he's staying, and even if the trip is boring, the weather cold, or the bed uncomfy, (which I have no reason to believe it will be any of those things, except cold) he has the food to look forward to.  The hotel restaurant has a menu that offers "jam in range, cheese of hard sorts, tee, salat, eggplant soup with balzamik redaction, and beef steak with coffee souse."  Something tells me it won't compare to Ugandan's own Mwaanza Highway Hotel in Iganga where they have some killer
"scrumbled eggs served with a toss of toast," but it shouldn't be too bad.  I've already spoken to him on the phone and another hotel he's staying in has a horse riding ring in the center?!

(Today I felt like every numeral needed a visual effect.  I think it really adds something, don't you?)

4) Turns out our favorite pooches are out of control.  Although we thought we had this pet owner business down, we recently were faced the reality that our babies are delinquents.  I used to be all judgey about parents who had unruly teenagers and were in denial about it, but I am  far worse.  Mine are just dogs who live at home. They can't talk back, they don't sneak out, they only have the peer pressure from one another, and they can't even hold cigarettes.  I've been pretending that they're happy and healthy (after we got over the whole Tuna-almost-dying thing), but the hard truth is Tuna has obedience issues and Sahara thinks she runs the joint.

It all started after Tuna's miraculous recovery.  Sahara started beating up her sister daily.  It was all due to jealousy.  Some blame her breed.  Bullmastiffs are known for having trouble living with other dogs (but as Cesar Milan says we shouldn't stereotype breeds).  Tuna was basically living under the veranda couch and only coming out for meals.  We now have a trainer who has accused me of "too much sorry for Tuna" and letting Sahara walk over me.  Although Sahara isn't happy about doing it, she does everything he says.  We now have to work on her doing everything I say.  Tuna is coming out of her hole and they even play together.  It's still a touchy situation which involves a lot of work - mainly me not petting either - the week long challenge extended to me by the trainer.  It's SO hard.  Exercise first, disciple second, affection third.  You read these things about raising dogs, but you never think they apply to you.  I'll keep you updated on Operation Pooch Reconciliation And Leadership Initiation and reconstruction Efforts, or OPRALIEs (pronounced Oprah Lies).

S & T covered in mud

Have I heard from you lately?
What's going on in your life?
Tell me all about it.
I miss you.

1 comment: