Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eternal Summer


Living in Kampala can totally spoil a girl. The weather here is something you only dream about. A perfect 77 degrees with a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Most people from home assume I live in an arid and dusty climate, never experiencing the relief of temperatures below boiling, but boy, they couldn't be further from the mark.

And although I know at home people are reveling in the fun of fall (which I sometimes miss): pumpkin patches, scarves, football, and leaves, I feel quite fortunate to be working from my veranda, barefoot, surrounded by a virtual tropical paradise.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least three Quarter of the leaves have already fallen from the storm that went through and the hills are mostly brown already. The Meramec and Creeks are out of their banks and rising. Crest should happen today and only some of the smaller, lower highways are closed by flooding. I'd love to go hike in the forest but it is so muddy from the nine or more days of rain (and no sunshine). the week-end wasn't bad though and I've decided not to finish building my arc. I think the fall was great but it slipped by so fast that I'm not sure! Mary did however get her first deer,but we aren't sure how big it was since it ran off after she got it. We've put out notices asking anyone who has seen a deer with black plastic sticking out of it to let us know as the body shop in town thought it might be able to reattach them to my car if they are still viable. Until then the Town and Country will be residing at Don Flier Motors. They won't do a estimate till Thursday. Guess they are waiting for the Halloween Spirits to uninhabit it before they look it over. Big J and I did however enjoy a nice country drive on Sunday to commerate twenty-four years of wedded bliss after a nice dinner at a small town restaurant in Labadie MO.Home-made Lasangna and Blackberry wine.
    Love to all
    Aunt Vicky

    ReplyDelete